Silence:
something is lacking:
a skillful generosity,
a freedom from constraints,
a dyslexia - or
perhaps even
a tourette's - of the imagination,
these last, after all,
being rule-breakers.
I wonder:
will the words escape
early one morning
to play games of hide-and-seek
around the flinty rocks
beside the stream,
in the long grass of summer?
On that day,
(if it comes)
oh how they will tumble and laugh,
shout and fight and turn cartwheels -
these children
my words.
Time and place
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- mm
- 70-plus female.
9 comments:
could you please enable your rss feed option? then I can see immediately when you've put up a new post...thanks!
Oh this is just wonderful.
I love these lines:
a dyslexia - or
"perhaps even
a tourette's - of the imagination"
It's funny and deeply sad at the same time.
M, your words are fortunate in their Mother.
bb49: Done! And thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten. Welcome and thanks for your comments here and below.
LJ: Thank you, thank you. This was hard to write for all sorts of reasons and your warmth and support mean a lot.
HHB: .... and so indeed do yours.
As another for whom words sometimes do not come easily... yes. But thank goodness there is so much more to communication, being, and loving, than mere words!
MB: You are such an artist with words ......
It looks to me like the day has come. To judge by this. :-)
mm, I love this!
Dale: From you, that is a real compliment.
Jess: ... as it is from you. Thank you.
Post a Comment