Time and place

Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Monochrome (almost)

Sea gulls

We've been experiencing some of the lowest night temperatures in the UK.

Frozen 2

Clear night skies and heavy frosts combined with early morning fog means the dawn becomes a study in shades of grey.

Frozen

Any stretch of open water that doesn't move freezes over ....

Pigeons

... and the pigeons wait for the sun to break through.

When it does the contrast is almost shocking. Colour everywhere. Bright. Clear. Glowing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. For some reason I really love the first one.

Dale said...

Me too. They're all beautiful, but the first one takes hold of my heart.

Barbara said...

I love these frosty mornings and I love to see the world emerge through the mist and fog. You photographs are wonderful.

herhimnbryn said...

I miss that kind of frost. Thankyou for posting your beautiful images.

Donna said...

How beautiful!!! I to, love the first one!!!

Endment said...

You have made the fog and frost seem special and dare I say --- beautiful

Sky said...

Oh, m, these are stunning! :)

mm said...

Thanks everyone. Glad you liked them!

About Me