Kate at Integral Shamanics originally put me on to to Kiva where I went to renew my development aid loan this week. For all sorts of reasons, when you're anxious about money this kind of activity is good. My first loan went to a shopkeeper in Mexico to help her buy a photocopier. The second is to a charcoal seller in Tanzania.
I'm no economist but I'm particularly interested in the concept of microfinance. In another life, over twenty five years ago, I had some contact with work of the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh, then in its infancy. The bank's founder, Muhammad Yunus, played a major part in launching the concepts of microcredit and microfinance as forms of development aid.
I'm no economist but I'm particularly interested in the concept of microfinance. In another life, over twenty five years ago, I had some contact with work of the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh, then in its infancy. The bank's founder, Muhammad Yunus, played a major part in launching the concepts of microcredit and microfinance as forms of development aid.
Follow any of the links above for more information.
No comments:
Post a Comment