You know when you have been searching and searching for resolution to a situation that eats away at you, that won't let you be and then another human being speaks the truth about what is happening with such concern in their voice and you understand in the sunburst of shock and clarity and relief that follows that thanks to your companion an illusion has been smashed and you have - to a degree - woken up.
I haven't wanted to blog since.
It's always been important to me to respond to comments here and my apologies for not acknowledging the recent ones. In the last few weeks as well there have been a couple of unexpected and heartfelt comments on posts on my old blog. Thank you all.
Whither blogging? I really don't know though I'm playing with the idea of some sort of photoblog for the future. In the meantime you can find a link on the sidebar to my Flickr page which is updated regularly. Be warned: the standard leans towards Happy Snaps rather than Artistic Excellence.
This post is the one I'm most glad I wrote. The final two paragraphs still apply.
I'll end with a quotation from Thomas Merton:
In order to become myself I must cease to be what I always thought I wanted to be.
Time and place
About Me
- mm
- 70-plus female.